Rapid City, S.D. –On August 16, the Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of local alcohol establishments. A total of 19 businesses were checked, and 18 were found to be in compliance.
Rushmore Sinclair at 2420 Mt. Rushmore Road sold alcohol to an underage informant. The seller, Charles Smith (age 32), an employee of Rushmore Sinclair, was issued a court appearance required citation. Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a Class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.
The following establishments were found to be in compliance:
1. Hunan’s Chinese Restaurant 1720 Mt. Rushmore Rd
2. Rushmore Casino 1808 Mt. Rushmore Rd
3. Corner Pantry 1818 Mt. Rushmore Rd
4. Sam & Louie’s Pizzeria 2101 Mt. Rushmore Rd
5. Happy Jacks 2201 Mt. Rushmore Rd
6. Casa Real 2315 ½ Mt. Rushmore Rd
7. Colonial House 2501 Mt. Rushmore Rd
8. Thrifty Smoke Shop 718 E St. Patrick St
9. Robbinsdale Lounge 803 E St Patrick St
10. Moose Lodge 841 E St Patrick St
11. Sooper Dooper Liquors 913 E. St Patrick St
12. Blue Lantern Lounge 1200 E St Patrick St
13. Family Thrift Liquors 1516 E St Patrick St
14. Pauly’s Pizzeria and Subs 1624 E St Patrick St
15. Valley Sports Bar 1865 S. Valley Dr
16. Brass Rail Bar 624 St Joseph St
17. Independent Ale 625 St Joseph St
18. Hall Inn 214 E. St Joseph St
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting the youth in the community is a priority and we will continue to conduct compliance checks in an effort to reduce underage consumption of alcohol. Since January 1, a total of 8 establishments have failed compliance checks by selling to underage informants.