News Release Contact: Sgt. John Olson
For Immediate Release Phone: (605) 394.4134
July 17, 2012 Email: John.Olson@rcgov.org
Three Businesses Fail Alcohol Compliance Checks
Rapid City, S.D. –On Monday, July 16, the Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of 17 alcohol establishments. Fourteen of these were found to be in compliance.
FTC Express at 3460 Sturgis Road, the Road Hog Saloon at 2703 Deadwood Avenue, and Superpumper at 2215 Haines Ave sold alcohol to an underage police informant. The sellers, Franklin Davis, age 67 and an employee of FTC Express, Julie Wehrkamp, age 50 and an employee of the Road Hog Saloon, and Aaron Foster, age 34 and an employee of Superpumper, were each issued a court appearance required citation. Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a class 2 misdemeanor, punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.
The following establishments were in compliance:
1. VFW 420 Main St
2. Happy Jacks Casino 1109 W Omaha St
3. Common Cents 1129 W Omaha St
4. Pancheros 1221 W Omaha St
5. Corner Pantry 601 Mt View Rd
6. Carousel Casino 2050 W. Main St
7. Shooters Steakhouse & Grill 2424 W. Main St
8. Beau Jo’s Pizza 2520 W. Main St
9. Royal Casino 2530 W Main St
10. Pizza Hut 2604 W Main St
11. Big D Oil 3540 Sturgis Rd
12. Hana Restaurant 3550 Sturgis Rd
13. Meadowood Lounge 3809 Sturgis Rd
14. Pilot Travel Plaza 2783 Deadwood Ave
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting youth in the community is a priority and the department will continue to conduct compliance checks in an effort to reduce underage alcohol consumption. Since Jan. 1, a total of seven establishments have failed alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage police informants.