Rapid City, S.D. –On Thursday, June 21, the Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of local alcohol establishments. A total of 18 establishments were checked, and 17 were found to be in compliance.
One of the establishments, Imperial Chinese Restaurant at 702 E. North St., sold alcohol to an underage police informant. The seller, Robin Yang (20 years old), an employee of the Imperial Chinese Restaurant, was issued a court appearance required citation. Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.
The following establishments were found to be in compliance:
1. Summer Nights at Downtown/7th St
2. Main Street Square at Downtown
3. Boyds Liquor Mart at 1424 Mt Rushmore Rd
4. Prairie Bottle Market at 13 New York St
5. East North Casino at 230 E North St
6. Big D Oil at 850 E North St
7. Toby’s Casino at 720 E North St
8. Common Cents at 634 E North St
9. Timeout Lounge at 615 E North St
10. Walmart at 1200 N LaCrosse St
11. Cheers Lounge at 1721 N LaCrosse St
12. Corner Pantry at 2130 N LaCrosse St
13. TGI Friday at 2205 N LaCrosse St
14. Minervas Restaurant at 2211 N LaCrosse St
15. Firehouse Brewing at 610 Main St
16. Teddy’s Bar and Grill at 826 Main St
17. Murphy’s Irish Pub at 510 9th St
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting the youth in the community is a priority and the Department will continue to conduct alcohol compliance checks in an effort to reduce underage consumption of alcohol.
Since January 1, 2012, a total of four alcohol establishments have failed alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage informants.