Rapid City, S.D. –On Thursday, April 12, the Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of local alcohol establishments. A total of 25 establishments were checked, and 24 were found to be in compliance.
One of the establishments, Exxon/Common Cents at 634 E. North Street, sold alcohol to an underage police informant. The seller, Ashley Davis (21 years old), an employee of Exxon/Common Cents, was issued a court appearance required citation. Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.
The following establishments were found to be in compliance:
1. Safeway 730 Mountain View Rd
2. Boyds Liquor Mart 655 Mountain View Rd
3. BP Casino 609 Mountain View Rd
4. Buffalo Wild Wings 609 Mountain View Rd Suite C1
5. Clock Tower Lounge 2525 W Main St
6. Loaf ‘N Jug 3106 W Main St
7. Family Thrift Center 855 Omaha St
8. Haines Ave Casino 1735 Haines Ave
9. Dacotah Liquors 418 Knollwood Dr
10. Applebees 2160 Haines Ave
11. Chilis Bar and Grill 2125 Haines Ave
12. Don’s Valley Express 3343 Haines Ave
13. Rummy’s 2200 N Maple Ave
14. Fuddruckers 2200 N Maple Ave #330
15. Chuck E Cheese 30 Knollwood Dr
16. Coco Palace 1900 N Maple Ave
17. LaCrosse St Casino 720 N LaCrosse St
18. Lena’s Liquors 1020 N LaCrosse St
19. Bus’s Bottle Shop 615 E North St
20. Corner Pantry 901 E North St
21. Deano’s Casino 903 E North St
22. On The Border 1331 E North St
23. Poker Joe’s 211 Cambell St
24. Imperial Inn 100 St Joseph St
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting the youth in the community is a priority and the Department will continue to conduct alcohol compliance checks in an effort to reduce underage consumption of alcohol.
Since January 1, 2012, a total of three alcohol establishments have failed alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage informants.