March 10, 2011 - RCPD Conducts Alcohol Compliance Checks
Rapid City, S.D. – On Wednesday, March 9, the Rapid City Police Department conducted alcohol compliance checks at local establishments. A total of 14 establishments were checked; 12 were found to be incompliance.
Two of the establishments, Pizza Hut at 2005 Mt. Rushmore Rd., and Autumn Hills Liquor at 5312 Sheridan Lake Rd., sold alcohol to an underage police informant. The sellers, Felicia Redder (age 24, employee of Pizza Hut), and John Halverson (age 48, employee of Autumn Hills Liquor), were issued court appearance required citations.
Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a Class 2 misdemeanor, punishable by 30 days in a jail, a $500 fine, or both. The following establishments were in compliance:
1. Boyd’s Liquor Mart 1424 Mt Rushmore Rd
2. Loaf ‘N Jug 1627 Mt Rushmore Rd
3. Happy Jacks Casino 2201 Mt Rushmore Rd
4. Casa Real 2315 Mt Rushmore Rd
5. Colonial House 2501 Mt Rushmore Rd
6. Stonewalls 5955 S Hwy 16 Suite G
7. Buffalo Wings & Rings 5622 Sheridan Lake Rd
8. Jackpot Casino 2144 Jackson Blvd
9. Canyon Lake Pub & Casino 4116 Jackson Blvd
10. Common Cents 4128 Canyon Lake Dr
11. Piesano’s Pacchia 3618 Canyon Lake Dr #33
12. Family Thrift Center 751 Mountain View Rd
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting our community’s youth is a priority, and the Department will continue to conduct compliance checks in an effort to reduce underage drinking. Since Jan. 1, 2011, two alcohol establishments have failed alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage informants.