January 31, 2011 - Rapid City Businesses Pass Alcohol Compliance Checks
Rapid City, S.D. – On Friday, Jan. 28, the Rapid City Police Department conducted alcohol compliance checks at local establishments. All 15 of the establishments checked were found to be in compliance.
Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a Class 2 misdemeanor, punishable by 30 days in a jail, a $500 fine, or both. The following establishments were in compliance:
1. Rushmore Plaza Civic Center; 444 Mt. Rushmore Rd.
2. Ixtapa Mexican Restaurant; 603 Omaha St.
3. Ifrits Hookah Lounge; 725 Saint Joseph St.
4. Joker’s Casino; 1320 Mt. Rushmore Rd.
5. Walgreens; 1902 Mt. Rushmore Rd.
6. Divas-n-Rockstars; 640 E. Saint Patrick St.
7. BJ’s; 701 E. Saint Patrick St.
8. Thrifty Smoke Shop; 718 E. Saint Patrick St.
9. Nu Robbinsdale Casino; 803 E. Saint Patrick St.
10. Happy Jacks Too; 909 E. Saint Patrick St.
11. Corner Pantry; 1220 E. Saint Patrick St.
12. E. Saint Patrick St. Casino; 1226 E. Saint Patrick St.
13. Family Thrift Liquors; 1516 E. Saint Patrick St.
14. Shenanigan’s Casino; 3788 E. Hwy 44
15. Imperial Inn; 100 Saint Joseph St.
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting our community’s youth is a priority, and the Department will continue to conduct compliance checks in an effort to reduce underage drinking. Since Jan. 1, 2011, no alcohol establishments have failed alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage informants.