September 22, 2010 - Alcohol Compliance Check
During the evening hours of Tuesday, September 21, 2010, the Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of alcohol establishments. A total of 14 establishments were checked, 13 of the establishments were found to be in compliance. One of the establishments, Corner Pantry at 2130 N. LaCrosse St., sold alcohol to an underage police informant. The seller, Theresa Brown (age 25), an employee of Corner Pantry, was issued a court appearance required citation. Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor is a Class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500.00 fine or both. The following establishments were in compliance:
1. Botticelli Ristorante 523 Main St.
2. Picasso Barn Pizzeria 325 Omaha St. #6
3. Parkway Restaurant 312 East Blvd. N.
4. Imperial Restaurant 702 E. North St.
5. LaCrosse St Casino 720 N. LaCrosse St.
6. Big D 1160 N. LaCrosse St.
7. Outback Steakhouse 665 E. Disk Dr.
8. Red Lobster 120 Disk Dr.
9. Coco Palace 1900 N. Maple Ave.
10. Chuck E Cheese 30 Knollwood Dr.
11. Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn 505 N. 5th St.
12. Casa Real 2315 Mt. Rushmore Rd.
13. Happy Jacks Casino 2201 Mt. Rushmore Rd.
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting the youth in the community is a priority and we will continue to conduct compliance checks in efforts to reduce underage consumption of alcohol. Since January 1, 2010, a total of 21 alcohol establishments have failed alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage police informants.