During the evening hours of Thursday, February 25, 2010, the Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of alcohol establishments. A total of 19 establishments were checked, and all of the establishments were found to be in compliance. Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor is a Class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500.00 fine or both. The following establishments were in compliance:
1. Black Hills Coffee 5955 S. Highway 16, Suite G
2. Uncork’D Wine & Tapas 5734 Sheridan Lake Rd. #107
3. Autumn Hills Liquor 5312 Sheridan Lake Rd. #103
4. Common Cents 2808 Sheridan Lake Rd.
5. Pizza Hut 2604 W. Main St.
6. Uncle Sam’s West 2730 W. Main St.
7. Thrifty Smoke Shop 3030 W. Main St., Suite B
8. FTC Express 3460 Sturgis Rd.
9. Big D Oil 3540 Sturgis Rd.
10. Pirates Table 3550 Sturgis Rd.
11. Buck ‘N Gator 4095 Sturgis Rd.
12. Meadowood Lounge 3809 Sturgis Rd.
13. Corner Pantry 501 Deadwood Ave.
14. Bosselman’s Truck Stop 2783 Deadwood Ave.
15. Cheers/Ramanda Inn 1721 N. LaCrosse St.
16. Hideaway Casino 1575 N. LaCrosse St., Suite D
17. Jackpot Casino 1415 N. LaCrosse St., Suite 3
18. Wal-Mart 1200 N. LaCrosse St.
19. Happy Jacks 713 Omaha St.
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting the youth in the community is a priority and we will continue to conduct compliance checks in efforts to reduce underage consumption of alcohol. Since January 1, 2010, a total of five alcohol establishments have failed alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage police informants.